Introduction to Kairos New Zealand Video
What is Kairos New Zealand?
Kairos New Zealand is a movement of single young people aged 11 and over within the "Land of the Long White Cloud." We work under the . In order to meet the different needs of young people at different age groups, we have three groups: intermediate youth group years 7 and 8 (Pre-J), middle youth group years 9 and up (belonging to Encounter Jesus) and school leavers (EDGE, meaning everyday God experience).
Who are we and who are we not:
- We want to be disciples of Jesus Christ. We want to put Jesus as the centre of our lives.
- We are charismatic. We believe that the Holy Spirit can change our lives and to experience power working in us and through us.
- We are ecumenical. We believe in working towards Christian unity and we welcome all brothers and sisters from all denominations.
- We are multicultural. We welcome youth from all cultures, background and races.
- We are not a church. We support our members to be faithful to their church affiliations.
- We want to spread the good news that Jesus is alive, and the Holy Spirit is at work in the lives of young people all over NZ!
Praise and Worship with the Fijian Pastors 2015
BLAST 2015 - Skit
Who are we affiliated with?
Kairos New Zealand works under The Lamb of God Christian Covenant Community, which has 14 branches all over Aotearoa (New Zealand). The Lamb of God is a full member of The Sword of the Spirit, an international community of Christian covenant communities.
Kairos International is a worldwide federation of outreaches to high school, university and post university aged people in Europe, Asia, North and South America and the Middle East. Visit the website here or view the Youtube video of Kairos International here.
The Ideal of Kairos New Zealand
Simply put, the ideal of Kairos NZ is:
"To follow Jesus, with all of our lives, for the rest of our lives."
We believe God has called us to a life of discipleship, to follow the steps of our Master, Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe that following Jesus makes sense only if we give our whole life, heart, mind, soul and strength to Him. This means radical discipleship, a call to live a life different from what we see with the the young people around us. We are called to be salt of the earth and light of the world.
We also believe that following Jesus is not about great starts but rather finishing the race to the end. Being disciples of Jesus only makes sense if we make it to the finish line, to receive the crown of life. We believe that the prize we will receive at the end of our race will be worth all the troubles,difficulties, persecutions and sufferings we will ever encounter in our lifetime.